Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Card for My Grandpa


Happy Wednesday Everyone,
I’m going to visit my family this weekend. I made this card for my Grandpa. I thought he might enjoy a weekly joke and updates on my life. He enjoys when I stop by and always tells me a story about what we did when we were little. Update: My daughters’ wedding has come and gone, & it was a lot of fun. We had such a great time…we joked that the wedding celebrations lasted all weekend. Here’s the card info and challenges I did this week. The card sketch used for this card is from Card Scraps.
I combined this card for the following challenges:


Card Scraps - Sketch
Hand Full Of Stamps - Use up that Stock
Caardvarks - Mono Chromatic
SEW MANY Challenges - Anything Goes
Our Creative Corner - Blossoms
One Stitch at a Time - Flowers


Card items used:
Green diamond paper from My Minds Eye “Where the Heart Is” paper pack
Center strip of paper is one of my scraps from K&C “Sea Glass Stripe Flat Paper”
Prima Green Flower
Both brads in flower and flower brads made by Making Memories.

18 comments:

seashorecookie said...

Love the background paper that you used. And, the little squirrels are adorable.

Thank you for participating in our CARDScraps sketch challenge.

Lianne Carper said...

Great job on the card. I bet your grandpa will love it. I love being able to combine different challenges as well. Thanks so much for participating in the sketch challenge.

Tammy said...

Beautiful creation. Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT.

Tammy said...

I know you grandpa will adore this card. Great job!
Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT.
smiles...Tammy

coldwaters2 said...

Oh what a super cutie card this is Roxx loving that image and colours thank you sew much for sharing this with us at SMC this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Shelley said...

Love your card, the image is adorable and I like the colour combo and layout. Thanks for joining in this weeks SMC challenge.
hugs Shelley xx

kim.mom said...

CUTE CARD!! Glad you had a good time! Thanks for sharing with us at SMC!

~Jeri~ said...

Awesome card! Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Challenges this week!

Unknown said...

I'm sure your grandpa will love this! I love the green flowers-

Angela
SewManyCards

Cheri said...

Thanks for joining Sew Many Challenges. I'm sure Grandpa will love it.

Unknown said...

Very cute card, great colouring. Thanks for playing along at SMC

Sam said...

Great card Roxx. Thanks for playing here at OSAAT this week.
Sam x

Sandy O said...

This is such an adorable card, though the paper makes it more maculine. Love the image you chose and the way you colored it. Have fun at your Grandfathers.

Thank you for sharing with us this week at Sew Many Cards.

Unknown said...

Great card, lovely detail, Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT, hope to see you again soon Good Luck
Sarah xx

Regina said...

sweet card! I love that image! thanks for playing along at SMC!

Julie Leblanc said...

Very pretty, thanks for joining us at the OCC!

Enfys said...

What a super little image. Great card,
hugs
Enfys xx

thread-bare said...

Awww what a cute card. Thanks for joining in with us at OSAAT. x Clare (DT) x